Modular Water Storage: Solid Stacking Tanks

/
0 Comments
To create exploration prototypes for a solid roto-molded tank I built a small scale version out of cardboard

These cardboard models allowed to to explored interlocking forms and determine the appropriate access points for a tap and for the overflow / transfer pipe. 

I was also able to determine how much space I could save by stacking the tanks. 


A explored more than one form, including a triangular form that could interlock around each other to form rows or hexagons.

These tanks could also stack, but I've yet to determine the appropriateness of this form. While it may be beneficial to tesslate the tanks around corners, I'm not sure if the would be the most optimal use of space. 




You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.